Monday, May 5, 2014

Newborn No-Sew Prop Hat

  Newborn No Sew Prop Hat!

This is by far the easiest prop hat you will ever make! No sewing and only 2 things to buy!
This hat is for a newborn.  I photograph my newborns between 4-7 days.
Also, this hat does end up pretty small.  If you end up with a larger newborn, it may not fit.
 This hat is only intended for the use of taking pictures.

Here's what you'll need:


 Yep that's right!  A pair of women's fuzzy socks, and some elastics.  I got both of these items
at Family Dollar.  The socks were $3 and the elastics were $1.
Starting at the toes, tie the elastics at 2 inch intervals up the sock, just like you are
putting them in your hair.




When you are about half way up the sock stop.  I think I used 6 elastics total.




Then fold up the opening so it makes a hat brim like this:

Next, tug on the hat really good to give it a good stretch.  You can also stretch it over something like an oatmeal can.  You can add a flower also if you'd like.

Here's the end result:
I thought it turned out cute for only $4.  I could also make another one with the other sock and a few
more of the elastic hair bands. So really you get 2 hats for the price of 1!  
What do you think?



BugsEarPhoto

No comments:

Post a Comment